Rural experience among the olive trees of a farm Availability: from October to December depending on the year from Monday to Friday morning hours 8: 30-13: 00; afternoon 15: 00-18: 00 Saturday morning hours 8: 30-13: 00; afternoon on request Sunday on request Duration: - Language: Italian, English Electronic voucher: yes What will you do? We witness the whole process of processing olives, from harvesting to milling. The Farm is based in Squinzano and is run by the brothers Donato and Rosaria, who, together with their parents, have started a project of specialization and modernization of the property. It produces Extra Virgin Olive Oil according to the highest quality standards and with the utmost respect for hygiene. Inside the company, surrounded by 150 hectares of olive groves, all the olive processing activities are carried out: production, pressing within 3 hours from the cold extraction, transformation, and bottling of the precious final product. There is no shortage, to complete the work done and to guarantee the product obtained, a sense of tradition and respect for the environment. There are four types of extra virgin olive oil produced, in addition to aromatic oils with basil, lemon, chilli and virgin olive oil: • Extrà, source of vitamin E, which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, is an oil obtained from the processing of different qualities of olives: Cellina di Nardò, Ogliarola Salentina, Leccino, Frantoio, Nociara, Carolea, Picholine and Coratina. It is an intense fruity, with a delicate-bitterish flavor with hints of spicy that goes very well with roasts of fish and meat, and also with vegetable soups. • Biò, certified organic, is an oil obtained by the separate processing of two varieties, Frantoio and Leccino, then put together to make a bland with a sweet taste with herbaceous scents and the aftertaste of tomato and artichoke. It is a medium fruity that is easily combined with salads, meat, fish and vegetables. • Polaris is an oil obtained from the processing of two typical Salento varieties, Cellina di Nardò and Ogliarola Salentina. It is a light fruity, with a sweet taste and a slight aftertaste of leaves, and it goes very well with first and second courses based on fish, meat and boiled vegetables. • Sirius is a 60% bland obtained from Polaris and the remaining 40% from other varieties, Carolea, Coratina, Frantoio, Nociara, Picholine. It is a medium fruity, with a strong flavor with an artichoke aftertaste and goes well with roast meat and fish, raw vegetables and toasted bread. A small sample of freshly milled oil is released to the customer. The company can be reached by the SS 613, exit Squinzano - Torchiarolo, direction Squinzano and has a large parking lot to accommodate tourist buses. There is a sales point for the purchase of products.